Yesterday was Maryn's 4th visit to the pediatric neurologist (to see the last one click here). I was so anxious about this visit, as many of you know, not because I thought he would see anything unusual during his evaluation-which he didn't, but because I was certain he would order another MRI. It's apparently difficult to see detail on a newborn MRI, but the MRI of a 1 year old shows much more. I was ready to fight it, at least for now. She's been exposed to enough radiation already in her short life and it's likely another swallow study is in her future.
So, he examined her, took her measurements, asked me some questions about her development and various other specialist appointments she's had and said, "Okay, she's progressing nicely, we'll see you again in April."
"No, MRI order?"
"No, I don't see a reason for one right now."
And that was that.
No comments:
Post a Comment