She loves to "help" in the kitchen. I've put some wooden spoons etc. in one of the low drawers. We have the soft close feature so it's more difficult to slam her fingers, but I've added additional digit protection if she leans/pushes too hard. In this case it's an upright stack of paper plates that prevent the drawer from fully closing. She also enjoys taking our veggie steamer and collection of colanders out of the island and banging them on the floor. This kitchen work entertains her much longer than I thought possible. What was I thinking when I tried putting her in her playroom while we were making dinner? She'd yell and didn't seem to want to play on her own. She just wanted to play near us .. duh! Sometimes I miss the most logical things! So, yes, right now the kitchen is her favorite playroom.
Thursday, April 8, 2010
Favorite Playroom
She loves to "help" in the kitchen. I've put some wooden spoons etc. in one of the low drawers. We have the soft close feature so it's more difficult to slam her fingers, but I've added additional digit protection if she leans/pushes too hard. In this case it's an upright stack of paper plates that prevent the drawer from fully closing. She also enjoys taking our veggie steamer and collection of colanders out of the island and banging them on the floor. This kitchen work entertains her much longer than I thought possible. What was I thinking when I tried putting her in her playroom while we were making dinner? She'd yell and didn't seem to want to play on her own. She just wanted to play near us .. duh! Sometimes I miss the most logical things! So, yes, right now the kitchen is her favorite playroom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment