Tuesday, June 7, 2011

C l e a r w a t e r B e a c h

I'm almost 35 and I had never been on a vacation that was spent completely at the beach or by the pool. I'm happy to report that I have now experienced one of this variety with my family. And although it was only a long weekend it was incredible. I love the ocean (our firstborn's namesake for crying out loud) and the beach! ...or in this case the gulf and Clearwater Beach, FL. The sound of the waves crashing against the sand ... the white sand that's cool to the touch ... the warm blue water ... the bright sun and ideal weather... and a lovely grandparent to help with the young folk ... how relaxing.
Maryn loved it too. Previously when she was introduced to sand she wasn't such a big fan, but no more. Here is my child with sensory issues loving the beach. She dug in it, laid in it, raked and shoveled it with her fingers and tools. Her dad buried her legs; she was delighted. I can't even tell you how much sand fell off this girl when we got her back to the hotel. I'm still cleaning some of it out of my suitcase.


catching some zzz's while cooling off at the hotel
yum ... fresh, delicious food
Isla, Mike and our hotel in the background ...it was just steps from the beach

we couldn't believe how warm the water was


Granny and Isla out from under the umbrella for a few minutes




Yep, that is sand on her face... even got a little in her mouth but didn't really care



playing ball in the hotel kiddie pool
I spent 8 hours at the beach one day! The first few hours I was there alone to soak up the sun and my new book. And thanks to Mike and Granny, again, on our last day I got another solo hour by the pool with my book and a drink. I've never had a beer by a pool in my life. I just hit a button next to my lounge chair and a waitress appeared with a menu. Next thing I knew she was back with a cold Stella! I know, I'm easy to please these days.

2 comments:

  1. yay!! so happy for you!!! sounds heavenly!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures, Brigit!...and glad you had such a great vacation! Miss you guys..hope to see you soon! ~Anjie

    ReplyDelete