| Helping Dad make soup |
Three! I am having a hard time believing it. THREE
M will be starting preschool on Tuesday, which will be my last day off before returning from the winter break. The university starts back Tuesday, but they will be starting without me.
I will be driving my daughter to school Tuesday, with Isla sitting beside her in the backseat for moral support while Ms. Jo, our daycare provider, sits next to me in the front for the same reason.
I'm sure all of you out there who have driven a kid to school know how this goes, but it's a new world for me. I'll have a tag hanging from my rear view mirror with M's name. I'll pull into the unloading zone from the one way street. A teacher's aid will approach my car, open the door, unbuckle my baby from her car seat, take her out, shut the door, and escort her to another aid who will then take her inside the school while in the meantime, I am supposed to be driving away.
Wow.
| She's 10% for height and 25% for weight - what a little peanut! |
2- I really hope it's just a bit.
3- I'm pretty sure this will freak me out a bit.
4- I really hope it's just a bit.
5- I know they deal with this sort of thing all the time. If she is really upset I'm sure they'll be sweet, calming and have plans in place for diverting/directing her attention once inside.
6-Maybe if it's a nice day we should just walk, then at least I can walk her up to the door, maybe even help her inside and with hanging up her coat.
7- Yes, I do realize I have a problem.
8- I really hope she doesn't scream and look at me as if to say, MOM! Help!
It will be just fine I'm sure. Transition usually isn't so bad once you are a day or so into the change.
I think play based preschool will be really good for her and you know, it's only 3 hours.
| My little big girl. What a helper she is! |
No comments:
Post a Comment