![]() |
| baby Mae |
This obviously isn't a picture of our little spud who will be making his/her appearance within the next month or so but I wanted to include a baby photo with this post and it's just so sweet.
When Mae was 32 weeks they guessed she was already between 5.5 and 6 pounds!!! When Isla was 32 weeks her estimated weight was between 5 and 5.5 pounds. They were both measuring big pretty early on. And in case you don't remember Maryn was born on her due date (12-23-08) weighing 9 pounds 4 ounces. Isla was born 01-19-11, 4 days shy of her due date weighing in at 10 pounds 2 ounces!
So, imagine my surprise when I went in for my 32 week ultrasound a week late at 33 weeks to learn this one was measuring just over 4 pounds!
"Is everything okay?" I asked.
"Everything looks great," the Dr. replied. "Four pounds is pretty average at this stage. Remember every baby is different."
So I was worried with my history this kid was bound to be 11 pounds, but maybe not. Is it possible I might actually have a full term baby that will be able to wear New Born sizes? As some in my office have said, "I wouldn't bet on it."
A friend brought over the infant baby car seat on Sunday which she's generously agreed to let us use. She's actually having her 3rd baby about a month after us, but her older kids are twins so she had an infant seat to spare. Mae and Isles spent a lot of Sunday night buckling their baby dolls into the carrier. I can't wait to see their little faces when they see a real live baby sitting in it.

No comments:
Post a Comment