Maryn is still not in day care, which is nice. Mike's mom decided to opt out of summer school to be with her Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. I'm with her on Fridays and most Thursdays Mike or I take off or another relative/friend comes for part or all of the day.
Beginning in the fall I will work a full-time schedule in 3 long days so that I can be home with her the rest of the week. It will be an adjustment. The commute time combined with the longer hours means I'll see much less of her on those days. I may see her briefly in the mornings, depending on when she is up, but she'll be asleep by the time I return.
There will certainly be many benefits to the new schedule. Follow up appointments and weekly visits will be easier to manage. She'll only be in day care 3 days. I'll have 4 more hours in my week that would have been spent in a car and just imagine the daycare, gas, mileage and car wear and tear savings!
I have a great boss and a supportive working environment ... what more can a new mom ask for?
No comments:
Post a Comment