Isla is growing up so fast.
She speaks in simple complete sentences more often than not.
She wants to do EVERYTHING herself .. going up and down the stairs, eating her yogurt, putting on her shoes, brushing her teeth, peeling her banana, putting food back in the fridge, getting stuff out of the pantry, climbing into her Stokke chair, buckling herself in, taking off her pi's etc.
Tonight at dinner she ate a LOT of cucumber, some pasta Bolognese, cut up oranges, oatmeal, a few scrambled eggs, some chocolate soy milk and a tiny glass of apple juice. She also insisted on having a kalamata olive from my salad even thought I kept telling her it wasn't a grape. I handed a small piece over. She popped it into her mouth and made a sour face. Mike and I laughed a bit. Then she said, "I like it" as she chewed and swallowed with the sour look present throughout. Not surprisingly, she did not ask for more.
She is so into pretend play right now. She loves to play with the little people and the little people house. She loves little cars and will drive them all over the place. Tea party is another favorite activity .. I even got out the ceramic kid set but she's still a little rough with it. Baby Ellie (one of the baby dolls) is her favorite baby right now. She enjoys looking at books but loves to read them together. She'll hand me a book and back up to plop in my lap -- even though there isn't much room these days.
Last week during one of our little walks outside. She had her rain coat and boots on and splashed in puddles for 20 minutes. She didn't even mind that it started raining again while we were out there.
Whenever she gets hurt she wants a band aide and her mama but not much phases her for too long.
Last week Mike was taking both girls upstairs to put them to bed and Isla said, "Wait!" Mike asked what she needed and she said, "I need to give mama a hug!" She then raced over to where I was gave me this huge hug and said, "goodnight mama, love you ... see you in the morning."
When Mike leaves in the morning she'll often waive from the breakfast table, "Bye bye dada. I love you. Have a good day. See you later"
Oh how I love my little isles!


No comments:
Post a Comment