Saturday, October 6, 2012

Girls Day Out & In

 The girls and I spent the entire day together - just the 3 of us. After breakfast around 8ish we headed over to, you guessed it, the arboretum. We stayed for a few hours and everything went so well ...

until just before we left. Of course, they didn't want to leave. Imagine a very pregnant mama trying to corral 2 cranky, tired, defiant toddlers toward the exit ... when it didn't work I had to put isla in the stroller (which made her so mad she protested with loud crying for the entire 15 minute walk back to the car) so I could pick up Maryn. I would have put her in the stroller too, but she was a bit out of control so I thought it might be better to carry her until she calmed down a bit. The last thing I needed was a kick to the stomach. So there I am carrying M with one arm while trying to maneuver the stroller around the entering crowds with the other arm. After a few minutes I was able to get M in the stroller and double time it back to the car. Needless to say, by the time we got there I was one out of breath mama. Those last 15-20 minutes we'll leave as a mental picture. The lovely 2 and 1/2 hours before are documented with some pictures.













 After we left the arboretum we stopped by P's to pick up lunch for home.

 We had a quick lunch at home with dada who arrived briefly after a long budget meeting, took a drive (they both snoozed for  30 minutes or so) and headed to the park.

We finally arrived home at 2:45 expecting to see Granny in the driveway (opps we were late), but after returning to an empty house we learned she was a little under the weather. Feel better soon G. So the rest of the day we just took it easy. Later, they watched an episode of Blue's Clues and an episode of Dora while I got dinner ready. They both helped clean up the dishes. Then Isla had the idea to buckle her baby doll in the stokke chair for dinner. M followed her lead and I watched them find cups, spoons and baby bottles to feed their babies. This went on for 20 minutes or so. We got ready for bed early tonight and after the usual routine they looked at books in their room before falling asleep.

Now that I have a little time to myself I realize that I may have over done it a bit today. In addition to my seasonal allergies I've just realized that I'm sore, my back is tight and I could go to sleep right now. Hmm .... I just might.
Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment