Maryn and I spent Friday in Geneva walking around the downtown and along 3rd street. I stopped in a tea shop for a cold drink while she napped a bit in her stroller. When she woke up we talked, played a couple rounds of patty cake and she practiced standing on my lap. The place was pretty empty, but occasionally someone would smile in our direction as they walked by. One woman came over and Maryn gave her a huge smile. The woman smiled back and said, "oh, what a joy it must be to wake up to you every morning-- you precious girl."
It was the first day we spent out together. We've gone to visit friends or family before, just the two of us, but we hadn't left the house for an extended period just to spend time together. It was so refreshing to focus on enjoying her company alone. Sometimes I forget to enjoy the little moments. I have to soak it up-- her babyhood will be gone before I know it.
She's such a cute, sweet, spirited, smart girl. I often think that I don't know what I did in my life to deserve her. I'm so lucky.
Sounds like a wonderful Mother-daughter date in Geneva, Brigit. I am so happy you two had such a great time! It does go by fast, doesn't it? How nice to be able to stop and smell the roses. =)!Anjie
ReplyDeletetwo beautiful girls- two sweet hearts :)
ReplyDeletelove love