Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Babar Illustrations



I found these lovely Babar Illustrations (3) at the Lycee Francais's (a dual language French/English school in Chicago) Fall French Market. Hopefully they will eventually find their way into the playroom. Many of you know I daydreamed about sending my kids to a dual language school before I was even pregnant with Maryn. Of course there are now many more schools (even of the public variety) that offer foreign language classes at a much earlier age than when I was in school, but foreign language immersion programs are still quite hard to come by in our area. Bilingual programs are popping up more in ChicagoLand. I heard at a conference last year that Naperville would be piloting Mandarin language immersion in one of their public schools this year or next. Those of you who know how I feel about Naperville can stop your snickering thank you very much. No, we have no intention to move to NaperThrill. If there is a bilingual or dual language preschool option in our area when Maryn is ready you can bet we'll be looking into it! The research available on early dual language learning is fascinating!

No comments:

Post a Comment