Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Doctor and Scooting


Little miss Ryn had an appointment with her pediatrician this afternoon. She has had a rash on her face since Saturday so we wanted the doc's feedback...possibly a reaction to pineapple or a slight case of eczema. Doc checked her weight and gave her 3 shots (immunizations). I tell you, as soon as Maryn saw the doctor she started crying LOUD. She knows this woman is responsible for the sharp pricks of pain to her little legs, and it's a bit rough when she looks up at me saying get me outta here with those sweet scared eyes. I'm so glad that is over.

I'm happy to report Maryn gained 2 pounds this month. She's eating less formula and moving a lot more, so that avocado is really doing the trick!

The pretty, pink, soft babylegs were a present from granny last weekend. They keep her legs toasty in our cool old house.

In other news my baby has taken to scooting on her tummy. It's funny, I
wanted to post a video of it so I set up toys on one side of the playroom and put her on the opposite. She was off almost immediately making her way towards the toys. That is, of course, until I turned the video camera on. Then she stopped and started yelling at the camera. I tried multiple times but I guess she decided she wasn't ready to perform for you all. I thought I'd try again when Mike is home. Perhaps one of us can operate the camera while the other distracts her.

2 comments:

  1. She's so cute with her little bow. I love it! I have a tip on the video camera thing...does your camera make a loud noise when you hit record? That would always distract Charlie whenever I tried to tape him so I figured out how to turn that off and now he never knows when he's being recorded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tip Katie! I'll have to take a look at my camera manual. Thanks

    ReplyDelete